The CW QRS Telegram Group
Xmas Activity 2021
- To promote the use of amateur radio telegraphy.
- To encourage meeting between radio operators with different skill levels.
- To allow beginner radio operators becoming more familiar with the use of Telegraphy
- To encourage the rag-chewing QSO.
From 00.00 U.T.C., Monday 20.12.2021, to 23.59 U.T.C., Friday 07.01.2022.
That’s a 19 days Activity with no time limitation.
World wide activity.
Bands and Mode:
Only C.W. on the Amateur Radio Bands of 160-80-40-20-15-10 meters, in compliance with the band plan.
Single operator, CW mode (A1A)
Cq Xms de …
The minimum exchange of data must include at least: RST, name of correspondent and his QTH. Any further information will help the duration of the QSO and therefore the attribution of some additional score.
- CW QSOs at any speed are valid. The fastest correspondent is required to slow down to the speed of the other.
- All the collected QSOs contribute to the total score, even if the correspondent does not take part to the Activity.
- Each station can be logged only once a day, for each single band.
- Minimum QSO duration: 5 minutes.
- 1 point for QSO lasting 5 minutes + 1 bonus point every minute beyond the fifth.
- The total score will be the sum of the points for each QSO.
The calculation of the score will be carried out by the Activity management software, so the participants are not required to make any.
E.g.: QSO between two stations:
- 4 and a half minutes -> NOT VALID FOR SCORE CALCULATION
- 5 minutes -> 1 point
- 6 minutes -> 2 points
- 10 minutes -> 6 points
- 25 minutes -> 21 points
- The Log, in ADIF format, must be uploaded to the site https://cwqrs.pythonanywhere.com/ and must include at least: date, band, mode, call of the correspondent, start and end time of QSO, RST sent and received.
- The partial logs, which can be uploaded from the first day and during the entire period of the Xmas Activity, can be integrated at any time with the new QSOs by uploading the updated ADIF file overwriting the old ones and adding the new ones. This way, the new files will completely replace those already uploaded.
- The daily logs will make up the partial results.
By sending the log, a participant declares to:
- understand and fully accept these rules;
- operate in compliance with current rules;
- accept that the log can be used for checking purpose, related to the calculation of the score and that it can be made public in all its parts;
Log Submission Deadline:
Upload your log not later than seven (7) days after the Activity is over.
- The partial results will be updated real time when each log is uploaded; therefore, they will be immediately visible.
- The final results will be published on the website https://www.cwqrs.it, on the CW QRS Telegram group and on the Facebook page.
- The winner will receive a customized accessory for his station with engraved his callsign.
- A pdf certificate for each participant.